My First Program
Click on "Events And Functions" in the left Blocks section.
Drag out the "When clicked" block.
- Drop the block into the gray middle section.
Click on "Interaction" in the left Blocks section.
Drag out the "Alert" block.
- Drop the block into the cream section inside the other block.
Click on "Inputs" in the left Blocks section.
Drag out the "Text..." block.
- Drop the block into the inside the Alert block.
- Click where it says "Text..." and type "Hello World!"
- Click the green flag
- Congratulations, you've made your first program!
Drag the "When clicked" block into the middle.
Click on "Variables and Characters" in the left Blocks section.
Drag the "Create character" block into the inside of the other block and give your character a name.
Back in the "Variables and Characters" section, drag out the "Character" block and make sure your character is selected from the dropdown.
Under the "Appearance" group, drag out the "Set Image" block and connect it to the right of the "Character" block.
Select the picture you want from the dropdown in the "Set Image" block.
Drag out another "Character" block and put this below your other blocks, still inside the "When clicked" block.
Under the "Motion" tab, drag out the "Glide Across..." block, and connect this to the right of the free "Character" block.
Get two number inputs from the "Inputs" section to put into the "Glide Across..." block. Recommended values are 200 steps and 2 seconds.
- Click the green flag
- Congratulations, you've used your first character!
- Move a block over another block and when a yellow highlight appears you can drop the block here.
- You can log in by clicking the icon in the top left to save your programs online.
- You can change the project name in the top left of the screen.
- Hover over File, then click Settings to change the name, description and whether the project is public. Make sure you click save before leaving this section.
- To drag an input, you must click on the black border rather than the area where you type.
- You can hover over an input area - - and it will tell you what type of input blocks it accepts.
- If you're getting errors, make sure:
- You're not using any variables or characters before they are defined.
- All your blocks are showing up in the code section. If they're not, try reconnecting the blocks.
- A Calculator
- A Quiz
- Anything you can imagine!